Users may encounter the following “Access Denied” errors when working with FlexiCapture 12 components:
- When trying to launch the ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 License Manager, the following message appears: “Error communicating with ABBYY Product Licensing Service on 127.0.0.1: Access is denied.”
- When launching the Processing Station from the Processing Server Monitor, the Processing Station stops and the following message appears: “Access Denied.”
The above errors may occur if unsecured remote procedure calls are not allowed.
You can resolve the issue by modifying your group policies as described below.
- Open the Local Group Policy Editor (press Win + E, type msc in the address bar, and press Enter).
- In the left-hand pane, navigate to Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → System → Remote Procedure Call, then double-click Restrict Unauthenticated RPC clients on the right.
- In the Restrict Unauthenticated RPC clients dialog box, select Enabled.
- In the RPC Runtime Unauthenticated Client Restriction to Apply drop-down list, select None.
- Click OK to apply the changes.