How to reset the Administrator password in FlexiCapture?
There are several ways to reset password in the Administration & Monitoring Console:
- Log in to your computer under the Administrator account – the same account that is the System Administrator of the FlexiCapture.
- Open the link:
http://<servername>/FlexiCapture12/Monitoring/WinAuth/#Summary<http://%3cservername%3e/FlexiCapture12/Monitoring/WinAuth/#Summary>where <servername> is the name of your Application Server. For example, localhost.
- If the Administration Console has successfully opened, go to Settings > Users, click on your Administrator account and click Reset password.
- After you reset the password it would be either set to default password “password”, or the password will be sent to the email (if the SMTP server is configured).
If this method does not help, try to perform the following actions:
- User accounts are stored in the table Principal of the FlexiCapture database. The database table contains the following columns: Name, PasswordHash, PasswordReset, etc. The Name column stores the user login. The user's password hash is stored in the PasswordHash column.
- You can manually change the PasswordHash value for your user with administrative rights to E8F97FBA9104D1EA5047948E6DFB67FACD9F5B73. This hash corresponds to the password “password”.
- After this is done, the administrator can log in using this password.
- If you successfully logged in to the Administration Console, go to Settings > Users, click on your Administrator account and click Reset password. After you reset the password, either the default password “password” will be set or the password will be sent by email (if the SMTP server is configured).