- In Processing server monitor we can see the Processing in restart status for a long time with no change.
- In Application logs there are multiple errors reading:
Requested operation requires an OLE DB Session object, which is not supported by the current provider
The issue appears when the level of TLS on servers is increased (by restricting lower levels on servers or requiring higher values from SQL) the SQL Native driver will not work.
First, check if the issue is really in connection to the DB by doing the following:
- Open Notepad.
- Save the file as 'Connectivity Test.udl' and file type as 'All Files'.
- Open the saved file.
- Select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server as the provider.
- Provide server connection and authentication details
- Test the connection.
Using SQL 11 Native test connection will fail.
Use SQLOLEDB18 and it works.
Once the rootcause is confirmed you can resolve the issue with some manual adjustment to the DB connection config file. First, navigate to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\FlexiCapture12\Server and adjust web.config in the below snippet:
<connectionStrings><add name="FlexiCapture12ConnectionString" connectionString="Provider=SQLNCLI11;Data Source=(local)\SQLEXPRESS_TEST;Initial Catalog=CATALOG;Trusted_Connection=yes" /></connectionStrings>
to this (change Provider value)
<connectionStrings><add name="FlexiCapture12ConnectionString" connectionString="Provider=SQLOLEDB18;Data Source=(local)\SQLEXPRESS_TEST;Initial Catalog=CATALOG;Trusted_Connection=yes" /></connectionStrings>