How can I move File Storage from one drive to another?
- Stop automatic import (Administration and Monitoring Console > Settings > Projects > disable Hot Folders)
- Make sure all documents are verified and exported. All batches are in the Processed state. It is better to delete all processed batches from the system.
- Export projects from the server to have backup versions.
- Close all stations.
- Stop the Processing Server.
- Close all opened sessions (Administration and Monitoring Console > Processing Monitor > Sessions).
- Create FlexiCapture database backup by means of Microsoft SQL Management Studio.
- Create a copy of File Storage (if it is a folder on a disk) and save it in a new place. Do not delete the old one (to have a backup).
- Make sure that accounts that FlexiCapture services are run under have read/write permissions for the new location.
- Go back to Administration and Monitoring Console > Settings > Application Server (make sure it is run under Administrator), click on Connect to Existing Database, then point to the new file storage path for example from C:\Filestorage to E:\Filestorage. Database settings remain the same.
- Start Processing Server and stations.
- Enable hot folders.