If we want to upgrade our current installation of FlexiCapture, what would be the steps?
- Install a new release on a separate server, upload a copy of the project there, test it, and make sure it works properly after the upgrade.
- After that upgrade the current server:
- Make sure all system requirements are met since there can be changes between releases (i.e. SQL Server version, .Net versions, etc.)
- Stop automatic import (Administration and Monitoring Console > Settings > Projects > disable Hot Folders)
- Make sure all documents are verified and exported. All batches are in the Processed state.
- Export projects from the server to have backup versions.
- Close all stations.
- Stop the Processing Server.
- Close all opened sessions (Administration and Monitoring Console > Processing Monitor > Sessions).
- Create FlexiCapture database backup by means of Microsoft SQL Management Studio.
- Create a copy of File Storage (if it is a folder on a disk) and save it in a new place to have a backup.
- Uninstall both FlexiCapture servers and stations from Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Install the new release.
- License, database, and File Storage connection will be automatically picked up.
- Go back to Administration and Monitoring Console > Settings > Application Server (make sure it is run as administrator), and update the database version if it asks to do (there will be a special button available).
- Upgrade projects on the Application server.
- Start Processing Server and Processing Stations.
- Enable hot folders.
- After making sure the system works properly, it is ok to delete database and File Storage backups.