When restarting FelxiCapture services (Licensing Service, Processing Server, Processing Station), the following error message is shown:
Windows could not start the ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Processing Server service on Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion
When a service starts, the service communicates to the Service Control Manager how long the service must have to start (the time-out period for the service). If the Service Control Manager does not receive a "service started" notice from the service within this time-out period, the Service Control Manager terminates the process that hosts the service. This time-out period is typically less than 30 seconds.
IMPORTANT: Incorrect use of the Microsoft Windows Registry Editor may cause serious problems with your computer, up to and including general operating system corruption and inability to boot. Registry editing should only be performed by those who are sufficiently experienced in the use of the registry editor application.
To adjust this time-out period, follow these steps:
- Go to Start > Run > and type regedit
- Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
- With the control folder selected, right click in the pane on the right and select new DWORD Value
- Name the new DWORD: ServicesPipeTimeout
- Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify
- Click Decimal, type '180000', and then click OK
- Restart the computer