How to disable the NTLM authentication in FlexiCapture to be replaced with a different Windows Authentication method?
NTLM (NT Lan Manager) - is the authentication protocol used on networks that include systems running the Windows operating system and on stand-alone systems.
FlexiCapture 12, by default, utilizes this protocol for Windows Authentication.
If there is a need to disable the default NTLM authentication method within the FlexiCapture 12 instance and utilize a different one (e.g. Kerberos, assuming it is up and running in the environment) it may be possible as follows:
- Open the IIS management console
- Select the FlexiCapture Server node
- Open the "Authentication" settings
- Select "Windows Authentication"
- Open the list of providers and remove NTLM from the list of the enabled providers:
Then Kerberos authentication method could be added as per environment's requirements.